I’d say this salad would be perfect for summer days. Because it’s light and just simply delicious!
I normally don’t like walnuts, but apparently when you roast them and cut them in tiny pieces they are pretty good! Especially with goat cheese. I got this recipe from my mother, and I don’t know from which book she got it from — nor does she! It’s actually used a starter, but I personally also like it as non-starter.
What Do You Need?
- 100 gram goat cheese.
- Roquette/rucola Lettuce.
- 8 half walnuts.
- 1 (red) apple.
- 1 table spoon honey.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1/2 table-spoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon-juice
- Salt or pepper.
How To Make It
- Get the crusts on the side off the goat cheese and cut the cheese in small pieces.
- Put the cheese and honey in a bowl and stir it around.
- Roast the walnuts (without oil).
- When the walnuts are done, cut them in small and fine pieces.
- Add the walnuts in the cheese and honey mixture.
- Cut the apple in pieces and add it to the mixture.
- Add salt to your taste.
- put the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Add a little bit of pepper.
Take two plates, and put a bit of rucola lettuce on it. Put the goat cheese salad mixture on it, and sprinkle a bit of dressing on top of it. And you’re done!
You can also put it on a sandwich, just as delicious.