My boyfriend and I found a recipe from a sauce that went so good together with asparagus, that this is now my favorite way to cook asparagus. It’s easy, and all you need are some Asian products you probably never heard of before. And if you’re a vegetarian, then you’ll love this too.
- Green asparagus.
- 80 ml sake
- 80 ml mirin (what’s mirin?)
- 80 ml shoyu (japanese soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
- Peel the ‘skin’ off the asparagus.
- cut them in pieces.
- Add the mirin, sake, shoyu, sugar and 80 ml water in a pan and stir till the sugar has melted.
- Add the asparagus and cook it until they’re done. Not too soft, not too hard.
- Take them out and serve.
Feature image by rcakewalk.blogspot.nl.